View AISI Type UNS S13800 Stainless Steel (PH 13-8 Mo) longitudinal properties, condition H1000
See DIN 1.4534 precipitation hardening stainless steel Technical Data online here
Stainless Steel PH 13-8 Mo
AISI Type UNS S13800 Stainless Steel
view Alloy 13-8 Stainless Steel(X3CrNiMoAl13-8-2) Specification and Chemical Composition
Alloy Grade 13-8 belongs to the precipitation-hardening class of stainless steel. Precipitation hardening is kind of a heat treatment procedure that could be used to increase the yield strength properties of malleable materials such as Stainless Steel PH 13-8 Mo. The strength of these stainless steel grades could be tailored by making some adjustments to the annealing process. In this case, using a lower initial temperature to anneal the AMS 5864 resulting the stainless steel achieving higher strengths. One of the advantageous properties of this particular alloy is that the AMS 5629 has good fabrication characteristics.
Moreover, the alloy could be easily age-hardened by the use of single low temperature treatment. Cold working the Alloy 13-8 Stainless Steel prior to the ageing process increases the strength, notably because of the use of lower ageing temperatures. Characteristically, the 1.4534 precipitation hardening stainless steel exhibits properties such as high hardness, excellent strength and superior toughness, in addition to good corrosion resistance properties.
The alloy has good transverse toughness, a property which has been attributed to the tight chemical composition control, along with lower carbon content used to alloy the AISI Type S13800 Stainless Steel, and vacuum melting. Typically the applications of the alloy include the use of PH 13-8 Mo Stainless Steel in the manufacture of components in the field of Aerospace, petrochemical and nuclear industries, as well as Injection moulding equipment.
- Grade : 13-8 MO (UNS No. S13800) Round Bars 1.4548
- Dimension : EN, DIN, JIS, ASTM, BS, ASME, AISI
- Surface : Hot Rolled Pickled or Sand Blasting Finished, Cold Drawn, Bright, Polished, Hairline
- Form : Round, Square, Hex (A/F), Rectangle, Billet, Ingot, Forging Etc.
- Application : Chemical process, Food processing, Petrochemical, Pollution control, Pulp and Paper, Refining
- Finish : Black, Bright Polished, Rough Turned, NO.4 Finish, Matt Finish, BA Finish
- Our 13-8 Mo Round Bars conforms to NACE MR0175/ISO 15156
- Condition : Cold Drawnd Pulished Cold Drawn Centreless Ground & Polished.
|SS 13-8 Mo||0.05 max||0.010 max||0.10 max||7.5-8.5||0.90-1.35||Bal||0.10 max||0.008 max||12.25-13.25||2.0-2.5||0.01 max|
|SS 13-8 Mo||1.4548||S13800|