Stainless Steel Grade Astm A564 UNS S15500 Suppliers, used in the aerospace industry for fasteners and structural components
We help you to save your cost by providing AMS 5659 Product at low cost, it offers better transverse toughness and ductility;
15-5 Ph Precipitation hardening stainless steels
Astm A564 UNS S15500
A martensitic stainless steel alloy, grade 15-5ph is the modified version of grade 17-4 PH. The trade names for stainless steel grade 15-5ph include both XM-12 as well as UNS S15500. One of the highlights of this alloy is that this grade has more of a refined microstructure. This is a result of the remelting process employed on the alloy of 15-5PH Stainless Steel (AMS 5659/ AMS 5862)Material. Hence, there are several properties associated with its refined microstructure including low temperature hardening, good fabrication properties in addition to the excellent corrosion resistance properties of 15/5 PH Precipitation hardening stainless steels.
Moreover, the chemical composition of the alloy is balanced such that it give a minimum of delta ferrite. Thus conceding the ASTM A564 UNS S15500 Stainless steel with superior transverse toughness and ductility and good forgeability as well. `Manufacturers often improve the strength of these steel by treating the material to heat at different temperatures. Frequently, the welding 15-5ph stainless steel furnished in the solution-treated condition. Though this alloy could be competently welded by using techniques like shielded fusion and resistance welding processes, the use of Oxyacetylene welding on 15-5 PH Stainless Steel Bar is not recommended. Practising Oxyacetylene welding on AMS 5659 Products leads to the possibility of carbon pick up, which is detrimental to the metal and may cause subsequent failure.
- Grade : 15-5PH (UNS No. S15500) Round Bars 1.4545
- Dimension : EN, DIN, JIS, ASTM, BS, ASME, AISI
- Application : Chemical process, Food processing, Petrochemical, Pollution control, Pulp and Paper, Refining
- Form : Round, Square, Hex (A/F), Rectangle, Billet, Ingot, Forging Etc.
- Finish : Black, Bright Polished, Rough Turned, NO.4 Finish, Matt Finish, BA Finish
- Surface : Hot Rolled Pickled or Sand Blasting Finished, Cold Drawn, Bright, Polished, Hairline
- Our 15-5PH Round Bars conforms to NACE MR0175/ISO 15156
- Condition : Cold Drawnd Pulished Cold Drawn Centreless Ground & Polished.
|SS 15-5PH||0.07||0.04||1.0||3.5 – 5.5||–||Bal||1.0||0.03||14.0 – 15.5||0.15 – 0.45|
|Material Type||Condition||Ultimate Tensile Strength (PSI)||0.2% Yield Strength (PSI)||Elongation (% In 2in.)||Reduction Of Area (%)||Hardness Brinell||Hardness Rockwell|